Golf + Soccer = FootGolf. And it’s arrived at Country Hills!
We are pleased to be one of the first courses in Central Illinois to offer footgolf and hope to see you 'kicking it' at Country Hills this summer!
what is footgolf, you ask?
This fast-growing sport combines golf’s basics with the world’s most popular sport – soccer! You’ll play the same course and face the same hazards as traditional golf, but instead of using golf balls and clubs, you’ll be trying to kick a soccer ball into over-sized cups with as few strokes (or kicks) as possible. No golf or soccer skill is required and the sport is great for all ages. If you can kick a soccer ball, you can play footgolf!
how exactly does this work?
Footgolf rules and etiquette largely correspond to those of golf. The traditional format of up to 4 players per group is used with footgolfers either walking the course or using golf carts. You’ll play on a shortened course with holes ranging in length from 50 to 200 yards. Players will kick off from a tee box and advance the ball down the fairway (hopefully) to our footgolf greens which feature 21” cups. You may kick out of sand, over the water or around trees during your round. Indoor soccer shoes, tennis shoes or soft-spike golf shoes required – soccer cleats are not allowed as they will damage the course. Players may bring their own #5 soccer ball (or smaller for juniors) or rent one from us. Review the full set of local rules.
sounds awesome. When can I play?
We held our first footgolf event on Sunday, June 12th. and had an incredible response! Therefore, we've decided to offer footgolf on a regular basis. The footgolf course will be set up every Sunday afternoon. Tee times can be made anytime after 1:00 pm. If interest continues, we may offer footgolf on one weeknight as well.
Interested in a FootGolf Outing or League? The sky's the limit with this sport - if you'd like to bring out a private group or play weekly in a league, please let us know!
How Much Does It Cost?
The cost to play will be $7 per 9-holes and $12 for 18-holes. Cart fees are $3.50 per 9-holes. So you can play 18 and ride for just $19!
Soccer ball rental is $3, but a limited number are available – you are encouraged to bring your own.
Basic Rules of FootGolf:
- Wear golf apparel all the time – the more fun, the better. Golf caps and knee high socks (preferably argyle) are highly encouraged! Indoor soccer shoes, tennis shoes or soft-spike golf shoes are required – no soccer cleats.
- Your ball must be easy to identify.
- Review the scorecard and wait for your turn. Make sure your kick will not interfere with other players.
- Kick off your ball from a position up to 6 feet behind the tee markers. After hole #1, the order is established based on the score of the previous hole. The player with the best score will be the first to kick off on the next hole followed by the second, etc.
- The ball must be played in a single movement. Your foot should be set separate from the ball, clearly behind, before the kick. You are not allowed to push the ball with the top or bottom of your foot.
- Wait to play until the ball has completely come to rest. It is not legal to stop the ball from rolling with the wind.
- The player farthest from the hole is the first to kick the ball.
- Play the ball from where it lies. It's not allowed to move the ball or remove jammed objects. Exception: You may mark the spot and lift the ball when it may obstruct the other players kick or ball in any way.
- If the ball lands in a water hazard, retrieve or replace it within two steps from the closest land point from where the ball entered the water, receiving a one stroke penalty, or you can place the ball at the position of the previous kick and receive a one stroke penalty.
- Out of bounds markers are annotated with white stakes. Place the ball within 2 steps from where the ball crossed between the white stakes receiving a one stroke penalty.
- Only on the greens may the balls be picked up to be cleaned or replaced.
- Regardless of the distance from the hole, the hole must be completed. "Giving" to the opponent is not allowed.